Turmeric Cauliflower Soup with Fresh Herbs
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 leek, white and light green parts, well washed and coarsely chopped
1 head of cauliflower, coarsely chopped
1 Tablespoon ground turmeric
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped, or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper (or can use black pepper)
6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tablespoon sliced almonds
- Over low-medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until translucent, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add carrots and leek and continue to cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add turmeric, ginger, cayenne pepper, stir, then cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add broth, salt, pepper, and cauliflower, bring to a boil, then cover and lower heat and simmer until cauliflower is soft, approximately 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, or in a standing blender in batches, puree soup until blended.
- Reheat if necessary and serve topped with cilantro and a few sliced almonds. Enjoy!