Roasted Lemon Dijon Purple Potatoes
Purple potatoes are denser, often drier, and nuttier than white varieties. You can cook them as you would usual white varieties: roasted, oven-fried, baked, mashed, or boiled, for example.
- Vitamin-rich including C and B6
- Mineral-rich including copper which supports the health of bones, nerves, immunity, cardiovascular function, and iron absorption.
- Eye-catching addition to any meal or snack
- Delicious taste
We love them and hope you will enjoy this simple recipe.
6 to 8 servings
Total time to prepare: 55 minutes total including 10-15 minutes cooking prep time.
Preheat oven to 400 F.
3 pounds purple potatoes cut into 1 to 1.5″ chunks
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
Zest of One Lemon
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons Dried Tarragon or Basil
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon White or Black Pepper
Optional: Fresh Lemon juice and Fresh chopped Tarragon, Basil, or Thyme for serving
- In a non-reactive bowl combine all ingredients.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet or roasting pan and place in oven.
- Roast for 40 to 45 minutes until potatoes are tender and slightly browned on the edges.
- Enjoy as is or top with lemon juice and fresh chopped herbs.
Photo credit: shelikesfood.com