Edamame adds a fresh taste, healthy nutrients, and a welcome pop of spring color to this vibrant salad – and the best news is that this yummy recipe is a cinch to make!
Total time to prepare: 45 minutes total, 15 minutes total cooking time
For the Chicken
1 pound chicken tenders
3 tablespoons tamari*
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
For the Dressing
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons neutral oil such as canola or avocado oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger, or 1 teaspoon dried
2 tablespoons tamari*
4 cloves minced garlic
1 Tablespoon sriracha sauce
For the Crunch
4 cups shredded napa cabbage
2 cups shredded red cabbage
1 cup shredded carrot
1 cup shelled edamame
1 thinly sliced red pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a non-reactive bowl or container, combine the chicken, tamari, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil. Marinate for 30 minutes or up to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- To make the dressing, whisk ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine both cabbages, carrot, edamame, pepper, scallions, and herbs in a large bowl or container.
- Heat a grill pan or cast iron pan sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Grill the tenders for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until cooked through thoroughly. Remove the chicken to a cutting board and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Divide the cabbage mixture between 4 plates. Divide the chicken between the four plates and finish with a drizzle of dressing.
* soy sauce can be substituted for tamari
Modified recipe and photo credit to Chef Laura Bonicelli of Bonicelli Cooking Club.